Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera). "ashwagandha possesses anti-inflammatory,
antitumor, antistress, antioxidant, immunomodulatory, hemopoietic, and
rejuvenating properties. It also appears to exert a positive influence on the
endocrine, cardiopulmonary, and central nervous systems"
- ashwagandha exhibits a nootropic-like effect
- mood stabilizer in clinical conditions of anxiety and depression
- significant increase in white blood cell counts and platelet counts was
- stimulates thyroidal activity and also enhances the antiperoxidation of
- A significant increase in hemoglobin concentration (P < 0.01), red blood
cell count (P < 0.01), white blood cell count (P < 0.05), platelet count (P
- Ashwaaandha treatment also resulted in significant increase in
coagulation time which attains normalcy 7 days after cessation of treatment.
Original 2001 WebSite as PDF for download