Calcium appears to be a factor with the use of BENICAR and may be a factor
for CFIDS caused Obesity.
for people experience with weight gain using Benicar and following advise
given at www.marshallprotocol.com.
- Increased Calcium has been associated with weight loss
The process may be reduced calcium
--> weight gain. A compounding of factors below may
push individuals over the cusp.
- CFIDS patients have
increase demands for Calcium
- The reduction of vitamin D (helps with Calcium absorption) is suggested
at www.marshallprotocol.com may result
in further decrease of Calcium and thus weight gain.
- B12 is also a factor for calcium absorption
, and CFIDS
patients typically are low in B12.
www.marshallprotocol.com discourages the use of B12.
- "It is concluded that minocycline inhibits K(Ca) channel-dependent Cl(-)
secretion via a blockade of Ca(2+) influx"
Minocycline is used at
Inhibitors of Calcium Absorption
- "A diet high in sodium may also interfere with calcium absorption."
- "A diet high in phytic acid, which is found in the bran of whole grains,
is likely to interfere with calcium absorption."
- "Phosphoric acid, as found in soft drinks, has also been argued to
interfere with calcium absorption"
- Inositol phosphates
- Oxalic acid
Factors to improve Calcium Absorption
- Thyroid medications produce PTH which moves Calcium from bones to
- B12, Vitamin D (see above)
- Amino acids: arginine-lysine-lactose
Original 2001 WebSite as PDF for download