- PWCs are hypersensitive to many medications, including anesthetics. For
advice on operations, see
- factor VII
- fibrinogen (factor I)
- This substance adds thickness to blood, slowing down its flow.
- fibrinolytic activity:
- A substance found in plants that protects the plant from insects. Some
CFIDS patients may develop sensitivity to this family of compounds. The
unfortunate consequence is that many herbal remedies cannot be taken.
Our 16 year
old has salicylate sensitivity, if she eats certain greens she will have a
coated tongue and a lot of phlegm. For information about this sensitivity see:
- von Willebrand's factor (Factor VIII)
- Causes the adhesion of platelets to vascular elements.
Original 2001 WebSite as PDF for download