Chromium deficiency is found in 88% of patients with Multiple Chemical
as represents one of the critical deficiencies. Chromium is
a key element in
immune and antioxidant defenses
. It has not
been well study so all of its roles is not know.
For a review
- It has a beneficial role in the regulation of insulin action and its
effects on carbohydrate, protein and lipid metabolism.
- Deficiencies in Vitamin D and Deficiencies
in Chromium are very similar:
- Cancer risk increases - supplements reduces cancer rates
- Arthritis increases - supplements reduces symptoms
- Absence of evidence for Chromium picolinate toxic effect at high
- Significantly increased serum free tryptophan (TRP), non-esterified free
fatty acids (NEFFAs), corticosterone, together with brain TRP, serotonin
(5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT), noradrenaline (NA) and pineal melatonin
- Shows promising antidepressant effects in atypical depression.
Recommendation: 1000 mcg/day while deficient.
- Chromium picolinate is the most efficacious form of chromium
- Supplements containing 200-1,000 mcg chromium as chromium
picolinate a day have been found to safe and improves blood glucose
Original 2001 WebSite as PDF for download