This is a new protocol that appears very low risk originating in Spain. For a
http://www.alfredblasi.net/eng/INDEX.HTM The main component is a patented
product from http://www.recuperat-ion.com
(the ingredients are listed below).
Additional Personal Notes:
- Concerning Magnesium he cites: "A
high consumption of phosphorus, calcium and vitamin D"
- Alfred is unwilling to specify exact dosages of phosphorus and vitamin D
- Alfred's experience is based on intentionally getting sun in Sunny Spain
- I would suggest 1800 mg of Calcium and at least 1200 IU of Vitamin D for
darker locations ( 2000 IU or more is preferred).
- Alfred has reservations about taking the above Calcium Supplements
because it may affect ion balances,
this view could apply to many other supplements you are taking.
||Amount per Packet
||Total per day
|Sodium (Sodium Citrate, some mixtures has Sodium Chloride[Salt]
|| 2000-3000 mg
|Potassium (Potassium Chloride)
|Calcium (Calcium Phosphate)
|Magnesium (Magnesium Carbonate)
Alternative sourcing (mix your own)
This section arose from pleads from people who were financially unable to
afford the prepared packages. The basic ingredients may be purchased on line or in health food stores,
measurement are done with what is normally available in a US household. The
following is suggested mixing instructions [Sources cited are for illustration
and not recommendations]:
- 1 cup (8 oz) of Sodium Citrate (53 grams = 100 x 530 mg) - whole jar
- 1 oz of Potassium Chloride (14.85 grams = 100 x 150mg ) - 1/8 jar
- 1.5 tsp of Magnesium Carbonate (1.5 grams = 100 x 15 mg) - 1/42 of jar
Mix thoroughly by placing in a plastic bag and shaking..
Net result is ~ 9 oz = 100 dosages.
To Use: Add 1 teaspoon to juice (equivalent to 2+ packets) twice per day.
Cost: per 100 dosages -> $8.00 or 8 cents US a packet
equivalent. The price per dose of Recuperat-ion is 0.65 Euros [price
list] (or 83 cents US)
Note: The effectiveness of the above is unsure -- it has been asserted
that the degree of grind is important
for an alternative formula.
- See if you can order jars of the above thru your local pharmacist. None
are prescription. Your pharmacist may be willing to mix it up for you.